August Pantry Challenge...How We Doin'?

 Two days ago I said that I would only be purchasing fruit, vegetables, and dairy for the month of August.  

So far, the biggest success was tuna salad sandwiches on homemade sourdough.  I already had the tuna and seasonings.  Rather than use mayo, I use Laughing Cow Cheese, which I had on hand.

However, the sourdough train is at the end of its line for now.  August has hit like a ton of bricks with my oldest starting 4th grade, both girls starting dance, my PFC commitments reactivating as well as my Bachelor's program and CEUs.  Something has to give.  And that something is bread.

Today I went to the grocery store with the intention of purchasing bread for tomorrow's lunch for my oldest.  We are lucky to receive free lunch (all CA public students do) but she does not care for their orange chicken.  I was going to send a leftover lunch of a tuna sandwich.  However, I spotted some small naan on sale with a coupon and snagged them for $4.50.  She can dip!

For a total of $53.35 including the naan, I purchased:

A jar of Alfredo sauce ($3.49), Italian sausage ($5.69) and mozzarella ($3.99).  Today is the first day of school and this will go into making my oldest's favorite dinner so it's a treat.

My picky youngest's yogurt smoothies, 4 x $1.99.

Large container of plain Greek yogurt $4.99.

2.33 lb (6) bananas, $1.84.

Cucumber x 2, $1.98.

2 lb bag of mandarins $1.50 with store coupons.

Beef taquitos to eat my feelings $8.99.

Giant pack of pork chops, 66% off. 3 something pounds, $6.93.

We are all set for the week.  Unfortunately in my area, there's not a whole lot of discount produce etc available.  Overall I feel good about the week.  I plan one more run likely Friday.  Tillamook cheese is 2/$6 and I got a .50 cent coupon!

How did you do this week?

Comments

Popular Posts