Five Frugal Things

My favorite blogger is Katy over at The Non-Consumer Advocate and her Five Frugal Things posts are the best!  Go check her out, she's very inspiring.

So in the spirit of Katy, here's my Five Frugal Things:

1. We are using cloth napkins and cleaning rags rather than paper towels.

2.  Yesterday, I made pinto beans in the slow cooker and saved the water they cooked in.  Today, I used that water to make rice.


It may not be the most appetizing, but it is delicious!

3.  The rice I made used up the last of the bag.  It's a great bag with a good seal so I washed it out.

4.  I scanned the ad for the grocery store and didn't see anything exciting.  Because my pantry and freezer have easy stuff in them, I don't need to grocery shop this week.  However, I will stop in on Friday for their weekend sale and pick up grapes for $1.99 a pound, a pint of blueberries for $1.89, and a big bag of salami for $5.  I'll bake some sandwich bread and use the salami to make sandwiches for our weekend trip with the girls.  I'll probably even put them in the rice bag!  The fruit will be snacks for the bottomless pits.

5.  I took a lovely zucchini from a friend (thanks Krista!) and shredded it for the freezer.  After we get home, I'll make a few batches of sourdough zucchini bread.

These are all just small things but they add up to financial and environmental savings and help me feel like I'm supporting my family as well.

Comments

Popular Posts